Photobucket

Welcome

This blog will showcase my 365 work. My goal for 2011 is to take one picture a day, to capture our life in 2011. I have found, since starting my photography business, that I take less and less photos of my family. This project is a way to push me to capture my life and my family, and not just my clients. You can view my professional photography work here and on my blog

1/365

Happy New Year. A New Year's tradition while growing up, and since I've been married, is to always have a pork roast and sauerkraut on New Year's Day. This takes a lot for me, because the smell of sauerkraut makes my stomach turn! But, every year, I still put a pork roast and sauerkraut in the crockpot for my family. And, each year, I take one tiny bit of sauerkraut for good luck. Here's to a happy and healthy 2011!

7 comments:

Heather said...

My family has the same tradition, though like you I could do without the sauerkraut (can't stand the smell). I luck out and don't have to make it at my house because my mom does and invites us over.

I'm looking forward to watching your year in photos. Have fun with P365.

Shamassy said...

Love it! What a wonderful way to preserve your family traditions through this project.

Meghan Rickard said...

Yummy! Not a big sauerkraut fan, but looks yummy :)

Becky said...

Love your photos! Your daughter packed up for vacation is a precious memory! :)

Raeleighrose said...

Are you remembering to put the dime in it? :) That was the most important part to your grandma and great-grandma's tradition. I still do it.

Amanda said...

No, Mom, I admit to not putting a dime in it...it's the nurse in me...a choking hazard!


@ Becky - Thank you!

Dawn said...

I just had the conversation with my husband that I didn't realize how many people took part in this tradition. We started it when my mom and step-dad married (30-ish years ago) and I had never heard of it before. Thanks to Facebook I now realize everyone is eating pork and kraut on 1/1. Looks great! Hope it brings you luck this year!

Post a Comment