Photobucket

Welcome

This blog will showcase my 365 work. My goal for 2011 is to take one picture a day, to capture our life in 2011. I have found, since starting my photography business, that I take less and less photos of my family. This project is a way to push me to capture my life and my family, and not just my clients. You can view my professional photography work here and on my blog

Day 6/365

Today, we got a little surprise in the form of some snow on our way to Taekwondo class. I told Emma, that when we got home, she could go play in it for a minute, since she had no snow clothes on...and was still in her Taekwondo clothes.

In addition, this photo helped me complete a challenge for a photography forum that I'm a member of. The challenge was to bump your ISO up as high as your camera could go. For me, that is 3200. So, you'll notice that this pic is a little noisy. I didn't run any noiseware on it. My camera handles noise up to 1600 very well. In fact, I did Emma's entire 6 year shoot with an ISO of 1600, and had NO noise at all. But, at 3200, it gets pretty messy.

The settings for this pic are ISO 3200, SS 1/20, f2.8. In hind sight, I should have grabbed my 50 1.4 lens to be able to up my SS a bit, but I grabbed my 17-50 2.8 instead. This was shot at 8pm, pitch black in front of my house, with only the light from the street light across the street. I was pretty impressed!

5 comments:

Photography said...

LOVE SNOW! Wish we had some where I live (it's over east of OZ) I just started a 365 too please stop by if you can :-) http://flowerphotography1.blogspot.com

Greg said...

A very impressive shot. I am envious of your ability.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

Oh, and I love this blog. It is a really cool idea. I look forward to seeing your posts every day.

Marcie said...

This shot is so cool... the angle and the lighting almost make it look like she could be on a white beach... Gorgeous!

Post a Comment