Photobucket

Welcome

This blog will showcase my 365 work. My goal for 2011 is to take one picture a day, to capture our life in 2011. I have found, since starting my photography business, that I take less and less photos of my family. This project is a way to push me to capture my life and my family, and not just my clients. You can view my professional photography work here and on my blog

Day 12/365


Not much is going on today, so I thought I'd share a pic of our little ratties, Athena & Hera (Athena's on the top, and Hera's on the bottom). We got Athena after Emma's hamster died last year. Then, we got Hera about a month later. Rats are very social animals, so it's best to keep them in pairs. Athena & Hera always sleep together, curled up in their hammock. They are super friendly, always sticking their nose out to greet you when you come near their cage, just like they're doing here. Emma loves these little girls!

13 comments:

tatyannashope said...

:) Too cute! I had a pet rat many years ago and remember well how much fun he was! He was incredibly social as well and would come sit on my shoulder when called. I'd love to get another one day. They are such awesome pets!

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Awww! They are so cute! Great picture! Love the DOF. I have been hearing more and more about what great pets rats make. I need to read up on them. I wonder if my soon to be 6 yr old would like one. Are they hard to take care of??

Hannah said...

That is a great shot. I love your choice of DOF, it's spot on.

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone! Rats really do make the best pets.

Keara - My 6 year old LOVES them. We got them last year when she was 5. They are such great pets (don't bit like hamsters!). They aren't hard to take care of at all. They love coming out of their cage to play. Just make sure you have a big enough metal cage for them (we have a special 3 story rat cage).

Hannah - Thanks! I haven't used my 50 1.4 in such a long time, and I'm glad I got it out for this shot. I shot this at 1.8, I believe.

Laurie said...

Look at their little catchlights! I'm sure they are better pets than our 2 dogs!

Andrea said...

They are ADORABLE! I have already started working on my husband about how cute rats are (he's not a fan) for when our boys are older.

Marcie said...

This is a fabulous shot! I love that they are curled up together and both looking at the camera!

grandmabish said...

This is a great shot of your wonderful pets. Rats are awesome pets, clean, smart, and so loving. I about died when the first ones came into our home years ago.... I thought the worst, but Lucy and Ethyl stole my heart and we had others to follow them. I LOVE this shot. I like your blog a lot. Thanks for visiting mine.

Mindy said...

This is so cute - what a fantastic image you caught!

Shannon Joy said...

They are cute :). Great DOF!

Photography said...

I don't like rats but they look super cute!!

Amanda said...

Thanks again, everyone! They are actually one of my favorite subjects to photograph. They're so darn cute...and so curious. :)

Dawn said...

I had three ferrets over a number of years. They always slept together and they looked a lot like this. They were a lot of work, but this makes me miss them. Just a little bit.

Post a Comment